Bitter ... Bitter ... Bitter Gourd
Bittergourd has a cooling effect, and I love to cook it stir-fry with eggs or boil it with pork ribs and eggs as a soup when the weather is hot. I have been wanting to introduce this wonderful vegetable to Beatrice, but I was so concern about the bitter taste.
One day, I chanced up a write up on how to remove the white pulp in the bittergourd, which will reduce the bitterness from the vegetable. How excited I was! I brought Beatrice to the supermarket to make some purchases. Beatrice started asking mommy.
B: Mommy, what is this you are holding?
M: This is bittergourd
B: This is bittergourd... (pondering) Is it bitter?
M: Yes, slightly
B: Mommy, I don't wanna eat bittergourd
M: I will make it in such a way that it will not taste bitter, ok
B: ... (she look at me and shook her head)
Well, here is the stew with bittergourd, and there was not even a taste of bitterness in the stew! Viola! Success! More bittergourd to come
One day, I chanced up a write up on how to remove the white pulp in the bittergourd, which will reduce the bitterness from the vegetable. How excited I was! I brought Beatrice to the supermarket to make some purchases. Beatrice started asking mommy.
B: Mommy, what is this you are holding?
M: This is bittergourd
B: This is bittergourd... (pondering) Is it bitter?
M: Yes, slightly
B: Mommy, I don't wanna eat bittergourd
M: I will make it in such a way that it will not taste bitter, ok
B: ... (she look at me and shook her head)
Well, here is the stew with bittergourd, and there was not even a taste of bitterness in the stew! Viola! Success! More bittergourd to come





0 Comments:
Post a Comment