Bee3lious

This blog is designed specially for our daughter, Beatrice so that we could share our joy as parents with our friends and relatives alike. Do drop by our blog for new updates and witness with us her growth. Check out the candid shots we will be capturing, and the joy she will bring to you ...

Sunday, September 28, 2008

B is for BITES

Upon entering the PG2 class (it's a holding area for kids after class) last Tuesday, Ms. Phebe called out to me saying:

"Hi Mrs Foo, I am so sorry to inform you that Beatrice was bitten today by her classmate P.

P started hugging Beatrice very tightly and when she planted a kiss on her cheek, the kid actually bitten her. When we noticed P was biting Beatrice, we quickly pulled them apart. I have cleaned the wound and had asked Beatrice how come she did not push P away, but she just continued saying P has bitten me. We have told P's parent about what she did in school, but her parents mentioned that P does that back home all the time to her younger sibling. I will be monitoring her and we will time her out if she does it again. I am so sorry."

I took a quick examination of Beatrice's cheek and found that the "wound" was not that serious. It was more like a bruise, maybe because the teachers were quick to react. Anyway, we have been constantly telling Beatrice not to fight back in the event when her friends hit her. But rather, she should quickly move away and call out for help loudly to her teachers. Hence, that explained why Beatrice did not push her friend away.

Well as a matter of fact, I have mentally prepared myself for such incidences which do happen in schools, and among younger children. There are many of such attacks I have read in magazines and books, whereby kids would display such biting behaviour when they are in the process of developing their emotion. However, it is the parents comment which I could not accept, when they shared with the teacher that the child "does that back home all the time!" I don't think this statement is very responsible. I feel that kids are fantastic learners, and with proper coaching, they will understand what is right and wrong. I am not saying that my girl is well taught, but rather, she has been reminded almost everyday about the dos and don'ts. Reminders and role plays will definitely help the kid to understanding better.

I have received a commented from Ms. Phebe that very day too about my daughter. She has been hugging and kissing little Isabelle so much, and so hard that little Isabelle fell. In view of the recent increase in HMFD again, the teachers has caution me about hygiene. I told her that I will talk to Beatrice when we are home. And for the case of little Isabelle, we will have to teach Beatrice how to share her love for little kids in a more appropriate manner. For our little girl has grown much more muscle mass now that she attend gym everyday.

Back home, when we have settled down after dinner, I showed Beatrice how to blow little kisses to all her friends and get them to catch the kisses. As for the hugs she loves to give to Isabelle, I have asked Beatrice to give little pat on Isabelle's shoulder, like the sayang sayang stroke. Beatrice loves Isabelle a lot! And her teachers also know about this. Beatrice will come back home and while sharing with us her daily activities, she will always say, "Isabelle is a good girl!" Hmm ... I think she has turned her attention to Isabelle, ever since her friend, whom she got along so very well initially, decided to be back in school only next year.

The teachers feedback for the week on Beatrice:
Beatrice has done a good job, and she has been blowing kisses to her friends!

Good Job Done, Beatrice!

A photo to share of the bruise on Beatrice's cheek


posted by Bee3lious at 8:00 PM

3 Comments:

Blogger hunniepot said...

Hi Laura,

Very sorry to see the picture of B3 with the bite on her face.. I understand how traumatising it must have been for you.. Amanda got bitten twice by a boy at her previous childcare.. right in front of me.. next to her eyes too.. and the best part abt it is that her teacher still challenged me whether I was sure A got bitten. The same boy bit another boy on the face till he bled that very same morning and the teachers didnt keep a watch on him either... It is good that Phebe informed you about it..

http://kumyi.blog.friendster.com/2007/11/amandas-first-2-days-at-childcare/


Watched the video on B3 talking about A.. it was so funny! Let her watched and she kept saying no.. when B3 mentioned that she had gone to work with daddy haha...

I told A that B3 got bitten by P and she was very upset about it.. she kept saying she doesnt want P to bite B.. took a video of it and will upload on my blog in the enxt few days :)

A also attended JG bilingual class at Evans b4 she went to MC.. it was really enjoyable :) Am thinking of sending A to the drama class when she is older...

October 17, 2008 5:12 PM  
Blogger hunniepot said...

I just find that some parents are just too lax with disciplining their children like the case of P. It was by coincidence that I found out the boy who bit A, attends shichida and has the same teacher as A. So when I spoke to A's shichida teacher about it, she mentioned the parents of other kids in the boy's class also voiced similar concerns and all the parents said was that he did not mean to bite, he was just trying to show affection to his friends!

Guess there are many such parents out there.. and am glad to hear that B3 has been listening to you, just like how A listened to me when I told her not to hit P in the past...

October 17, 2008 7:51 PM  
Blogger Bee3lious said...

Hi Dennise!

hahah .. we are really fortunate parents with kids who are still willing to listen to us! ;D

well, both my hubby & i really need to tell and remind B3 many many times about the dos and don'ts. Sometimes, she will try to be mischievous and cross the boundary too. Just to test our reactions and patience, even though she knows very well she is not suppose to do it. Despite these reminds, Phebe told my hubby this morning that B3 still chase after a boy and insisted to plant her kisses on his cheek! Aiyo, not too sure if she has some connection with him in her next life or what, she simply loves him. And she will be back home to tell us: "I love Oxxn!" ... I guess my hubby is quite concern about her maturity. hahaha.. But I guess they click very well, and she is showing her affection for him, likewise for Isab! If A is in class, she will be her "victim" too! =P heheh ..

As for P, I am not too sure if her mom actually shared with her about the dos and don'ts. Actually, B3 did complaint sometimes about P using water bottle to knock her head! Well, I really can't control such things when the kid's parent seems to be "oblivious" about their kids doing. On my part, I can only remind my girl to take good care of herself in class and avoid being bullied. Teachers on the other hand maybe "hands tied", and I understand from some parents that teachers can be quite relunctant to get involved in such things.

Really hope that our kids will learn to take care of themselves. Do not get bully and do not bully others =)

Hey! About 2 more months to go and A will join B3 in school soon!

October 20, 2008 12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

About Me

My Photo
Name: Bee3lious
Location: Central, Singapore, Singapore

I love to sing, dance and read.

View my complete profile

Previous Posts

  • Disney Theme Restaurant @ The Anchorage Point
  • The Rainbow Fish
  • My Music Lessons with M.V.
  • My First Assignment as a "Photography Model"
  • Makan Makan Part II ...
  • Photo with my teachers and classmate @ JG
  • Beatrice's 2nd Day of School at MindChamps
  • My First Day of School - Part II
  • My First Day of School at MindChamps
  • Term 3 @ JG

Powered by Blogger

hit counter

WANNA HAVE YOUR PICTURES TAKEN?

    Be it wedding pics, birthday etc etc ...
    Simply give Willie a call @ 9750-8139
    or drop him an E-mail @ willieyeo@yahoo.com
    You are GUARANTEED to have GREAT PICTURES!!!


Little Beatrice is our Pride and Joy! We hope she brings you joy too!
Drop us your comments or share with us your views and experiences
We will be glad to know that you are having fun too when visiting our blog
Have Fun, Enjoy, and do come back again to check on our new posts!
Thank You (",) from Larry & Laura
CopyRight © 2006 http://www.bee3lious.blogspot.com
All Rights Reserved