Food, for the Mind and Soul
Ever since we plan to send Beatrice to school, I have been giving her all "that" essentials which she may need to cover her health issues at school. As of now, coming to the end of the 2nd month of full day school at Mindchamps, I am proud to say that Beatrice was ill only once. Well, she was ill before she was supposedly to be in school, and then she was down with bronchitis during the 4th week of school. A classmate of hers was down with very bad flu and despite finishing his medication; he was still not very well. Beatrice was one of the unfortunate kids who has caught the virus, and she started to cough and sneeze. And she was down with bronchitis. Her condition was mild, without the need to be nebulised. And she was exempted (as instructed by the doctor) from all gym activities for the week until she was fully recovered. Fortunately, she has a very "kia-su" mommy who pumps her with lots and lots of garlic in her porridge. Soon enough, our precious one recovered fast. Well, the sneezes have indeed ruptured a volcanic of mucus in her nasal cavity. And Beatrice is still recovering from a post nasal drip, due to her much sensitive nose. And this will take another week to dry up =( So ... people, IF YOU HAVE FLU AND RUNNY NOSE, please stay clear from Beatrice! Please remember that she has very very extremely sensitive nose. Thank You! =)
Ok, back to my purpose of me writing this post. Personally, I like everything natural. Unless I have no choice, then would I let myself be engulfed by the man-made cocktail of pills for nourishment. Therefore, I strongly advocate the use of spice and herbs to booster our kid’s immune system. I am not trying to say that my daughter is very healthy and strong, but at least, she seldom fall sick except for her nasty, overly reacted olfactory cells. Anyway, to help boost your kid’s immune system, way before they even start school or childcare, you should be introducing GARLIC and ONIONS in their diet. Add a little in their veggies or meat, or even add them in porridge. Garlic and onions are great food that helps to clean our intestinal tract. So, go on and try it. Perhaps, you could sharing your findings or experiments with me =)

A great balance meal of protein and minerals.
The other great essential to give your child is FLUID. Be it juices or soup or even plain boiled water, they are great to help nutrients to be absorbed into the body! I would normally buy those pre-packet soup ingredients from the medical hall, boiled it with chicken or pork for about 2-3 hours, and serve. They are really great! And our little Beatrice loves to drink soup =)
The last essential to boost your kid's immune system is COD'S LIVER OIL. Personally, I have been giving Beatrice cod's liver oil for quite a while now, and I have notice that it really helps to boost her immune system. What more to say when there is omega 3 that helps to boost her brain power!Give yourself at least 6 months to see the effect, and you will also be glad to know that Great Food is A Great Essential to your Kid's Health! Go and give it a try today and if you are excited like I am to share the goodness you have found, please let me know! I am experimenting and would like to know what other great food is good for our kids too!
Cheers, to Great Health and Good Immune System for our Kids!





2 Comments:
Larry: Hahaha...thanks to Beatrice, Daddy also got lots of immume booster as well! Kekeke...Luv the meal U cooked yesterday. The pix looks as good as it's taste. Yummy. Thanks dear!
oohh ... real ... ly =)
i've helped you to save a lot of $$ on those garlic pills right! So, from this moment on, Beatrice and Mommy will get more treats from Daddy =D Yippie!!
Post a Comment