Opportunity Given.
Yes, I have been procrastinating. I must say that I was so guilty to have been holding back THAT OPPORTUNITY to allow Beatrice to explore and self-feed during each meal. I was so afraid of the mess, the cleaning up and all the fuss I will get after each meal. But the idea of getting her to eat on her own would always surface whenever she takes a meal. Well, eventually, I decided to try her out when we were out dining one evening at Fish & Co. To our surprise, she actually finished the entire slice of fish from her kid's meal all by herself! On top of that, she also had a good serving of rice and a few prawns from our combo platter. And her cue for being full, she started feeding Daddy from her plate with all the remainders.
Beatrice has always been an enthusiastic learner and she picks up the self-feeding skill quite fast. She is capable of holding her cutlery in THE MOST appropriate way, and her hand mouth co-ordination, in bring the food to where it should be placed, is almost PERFECT! Oh pardon me for being loud, for this is a guilty mommy singing praises of her own daughter, and for delaying in giving THAT OPPORTUNITY to a thirst learning child of hers.
Ever since I became a mother to my precious little one, I have set my mind to give my child all that she wants, and all that learning she is capable of. For all that she wants, by that I mean, all the goodness in learning. Be it play, education or wellness, I will be most willing to provide. For about 22 months now, I have been quick in seizing all the experimental learning I have observed from Beatrice, and we have been providing her with the necessary tools and environment to aid her in achieving that milestone. I am glad most of my effort paid off for I am a mother who seriously feel that no opportunity should be dismissed.
Recalling An Opportunity.
I am always eager to share my learning with all my friends and acquaintances alike, but I guess many may not believe or agree that a baby at the age of 4-5 months old is capable of learning to verbalize. And this was what I had noticed of Beatrice back then when she was a baby. This observation was affirmed lately when I was watching an episode from My Perfect Child, by Shichida. A mom interviewed in the show shared that her friend noticed her daughter was "lip reading" her when she was 4 months old. Well, as for me, when I noticed that my daughter was seriously paying attention to me when I talk or sing, and she would sort of like mimic the movement of my lips. I decided to emphasize the word and my speech with much precision. True enough, my effort paid off with the opportunity I had given to my daughter and to myself. Beatrice uttered the first word hair, at the age of 9 month. Followed by Dad Dad at 10 and now at 22 months old, she is capable of making short sentences. People whom we have met were amazed at her ability to speak well, and we as parents are definitely proud of the achievement.
I have a simple philosophy in teaching my little Beatrice, and that is:
For an opportunity given to my child, I will set my child learning and an interest will be created.
I hope that all parents out there will be delighted to give their child an opportunity in learning. Never have the mindset that your child is too young for anything. While in the process of teaching, let play be incorporated so that learning will always be fun. Repeat and repeat, remind and remind, for this is the way our child learns. Do not force if the kid is not ready, but rather, try again when the opportunity arises.
Beatrice loves to sing the song from Bob the Builder, and she will sing like this:
Bob the Builder, can you fix it? Bob the builder, YES I CAN!
To All the Parents, never give up on trying to teach your child while they are still young.
And for now, I have to get back to my task of sharing and teaching my little Beatrice on how to use the fork during meal time. It's late than never, An Opportunity Given.
Beatrice has always been an enthusiastic learner and she picks up the self-feeding skill quite fast. She is capable of holding her cutlery in THE MOST appropriate way, and her hand mouth co-ordination, in bring the food to where it should be placed, is almost PERFECT! Oh pardon me for being loud, for this is a guilty mommy singing praises of her own daughter, and for delaying in giving THAT OPPORTUNITY to a thirst learning child of hers.
Ever since I became a mother to my precious little one, I have set my mind to give my child all that she wants, and all that learning she is capable of. For all that she wants, by that I mean, all the goodness in learning. Be it play, education or wellness, I will be most willing to provide. For about 22 months now, I have been quick in seizing all the experimental learning I have observed from Beatrice, and we have been providing her with the necessary tools and environment to aid her in achieving that milestone. I am glad most of my effort paid off for I am a mother who seriously feel that no opportunity should be dismissed.
Recalling An Opportunity.
I am always eager to share my learning with all my friends and acquaintances alike, but I guess many may not believe or agree that a baby at the age of 4-5 months old is capable of learning to verbalize. And this was what I had noticed of Beatrice back then when she was a baby. This observation was affirmed lately when I was watching an episode from My Perfect Child, by Shichida. A mom interviewed in the show shared that her friend noticed her daughter was "lip reading" her when she was 4 months old. Well, as for me, when I noticed that my daughter was seriously paying attention to me when I talk or sing, and she would sort of like mimic the movement of my lips. I decided to emphasize the word and my speech with much precision. True enough, my effort paid off with the opportunity I had given to my daughter and to myself. Beatrice uttered the first word hair, at the age of 9 month. Followed by Dad Dad at 10 and now at 22 months old, she is capable of making short sentences. People whom we have met were amazed at her ability to speak well, and we as parents are definitely proud of the achievement.
I have a simple philosophy in teaching my little Beatrice, and that is:
For an opportunity given to my child, I will set my child learning and an interest will be created.
I hope that all parents out there will be delighted to give their child an opportunity in learning. Never have the mindset that your child is too young for anything. While in the process of teaching, let play be incorporated so that learning will always be fun. Repeat and repeat, remind and remind, for this is the way our child learns. Do not force if the kid is not ready, but rather, try again when the opportunity arises.
Beatrice loves to sing the song from Bob the Builder, and she will sing like this:
Bob the Builder, can you fix it? Bob the builder, YES I CAN!
To All the Parents, never give up on trying to teach your child while they are still young.
And for now, I have to get back to my task of sharing and teaching my little Beatrice on how to use the fork during meal time. It's late than never, An Opportunity Given.





0 Comments:
Post a Comment