Nursery Rhymes, Good for Language and Pronounciation



My mommy has been reading nursery rhymes to me since I was 2 months old. Now at 19 months old, I am able to sing a number of rhymes with clear pronunciation. These includes Little Miss Muffet, Humpty Dumpty, Jack and Jill, I am a little Teapot, and Incy Wincy Spider.
It is apparent why researchers and educators encourage parents to read nursery rhymes to their children when they are young! Nursery Rhymes has indeed aid in my articulation of words and the longest word I am capable of pronouncing at this moment is Hippopotamus. Sentence construction is my next challenge, and I have learnt to request for my milk from my Daddy in a full sentence. This is what I will tell my Daddy:" Daddy, please, I want to drink milk milk."
.To mimic and to repeat what was shared to me is an easy task for me. What I am handicapped in now is word recognition. Mommy is still struggling very hard to teach me on words recognition. Guess it will take quite a well for me to master this skill as I am kinda lazy now and my attention span is super duper short. Meanwhile, I can only increase my vocabulary by listening.
Uncles and Aunties out there, if you wanna get nursery rhyme small enough for our little hands to hold, check out Popular bookstore. A set of 8 different rhymes cost about S$19. Do check it out if you are interested. Have Fun!





0 Comments:
Post a Comment