Bee3lious

This blog is designed specially for our daughter, Beatrice so that we could share our joy as parents with our friends and relatives alike. Do drop by our blog for new updates and witness with us her growth. Check out the candid shots we will be capturing, and the joy she will bring to you ...

Thursday, May 03, 2007

The Fun and Joy of Learning!


Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos

"Babies love to learn new things, because of the joy that learning brings"

Yes! Our little Beatrice loves to learn! She loves to verbalize the way we talk and the way we do things. And she learns through "copying"!

Ever heard of "Monkey see, Monkey do"? I am sure you have and this is exactly how babies learn. They copy every single actions we do and they would say every word they hear. Not instant, but of course, after several observations and repetitions where they would "retrieve" that information from their memories and viola! You see yourself very much portrait by your little one in both words and actions. Scary ... Indeed! That's why we are xxxx-xtra careful nowadays when we talk and act in-front of our little one.

Let me share this interesting incident with you. Well, Larry and I was chatting and laughing away with Beatrice in my arms one day. And because I was teased, I gave Larry a "smack" on his shoulder with my available hand. Guess what! My little one leaned a step back, took a look at me while I was still laughing away, and then she gave a light "smack" on her Daddy's shoulder too! Woooow ... Beatrice might have different interpretation of that action! I was shocked and quickly stroke Larry's shoulder and told Beatrice, "Beatrice, let's sayang Daddy. Sayang ... sayang ..." Hoping that my little one will forget about what has happened early on. Learning how to mimic is through observation, and babies are good at this!

Has anyone ever wonder how come babies are born with such magnificent innate abilities and reflexes? Well, ever since I have my little one, I have been wondering and my learning curve has been "expolated" to a new height. I am learning and experimenting the way my baby learns every single weekend when she is back home. Looking at the video clip in this post, I have been exploring into the ways Beatrice learns to verbalize. When she was much younger, I used to read and emphasize the words to her. Now that she is much older, I see results in the effort I had put in. Beatrice learns to talk early (well, experts say early talker is not equal to intelligence) and every time when I introduce new word, she will look at my mouth very closely and then she will verbalize the word I say. Isn't it interesting? It is to me, very much and I juz love to share as much words to her as she wants to learn! Now that our little one is capable to say words with 2 syllabus, we will be introducing more words to expand her vocabulary and perhaps soon enough, you will get to hear her says "banana"!

Well, these may all seems so "kiasu" but I guess all parents want to give the BEST to their children, and me too ... hehehe ... Maybe this is the effect of reciprocation! With results, one tends to give more ... hahaaa...

Well, we watch the spidey show a few days ago and the "sandman" showed his fatherly love of wanting to cure his sick daughter by turning into a robber. Hmmm, even the poor is hoping to give the BEST to their children, what to say about the rest! So, Mommies and Daddies, try to read and teach your little ones when they are very young. Remember, they are like sponge and they are never tired of learning!

Babies love to learn new things, because of the joy that learning brings!

posted by Bee3lious at 9:59 PM

2 Comments:

Blogger Egg said...

After watching your clip, I felt so pressurizing! :P Oh no..should learn the quick tips from you sinfu cos Amelia just knows how to be naughty naughty. Hardly can get her to read a book now, unlike when she was a baby. She kept flipping the book to the cover and the back only. Hahaha...

Jie Jie Beatrice, please baby-teach Mei Mei Amelia, okie?

May 04, 2007 11:32 PM  
Blogger Bee3lious said...

heheheee... Mommy Egg only gets to see the "kui-kui" B3. You ain't wanna see the naughty sight of her! Flipping on her swing, twisting behind her swing and when got stuck, she will start calling "eeee...." (that her mommy) for help! My mommy says very "siong" to look after her! Hahaaaa....

Mei Mei Amelia should be at the stage of wanting to mimic now! So... what you can do is to model the things you want her to do and show it infront of her repeatedly. If you do it everyday, you will see some results in about 2 weeks! U will be surprise.

The other thing about reading. My mommy want us to sit and read infront of her. Then give her a book and she will sure to follow your example. That's how we do it :D

Try try Mommy Egg!

May 05, 2007 7:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

About Me

My Photo
Name: Bee3lious
Location: Central, Singapore, Singapore

I love to sing, dance and read.

View my complete profile

Previous Posts

  • The Effect of Repetition
  • It's Mimic Time Again!!!
  • Beatrice Learns to Walk
  • The Fun of Reading!
  • Little Flower
  • Uni Gathering @ Vivo City
  • HAPPY BIRTHDAY KEEGAN!
  • Beatrice and Mommy
  • Beatrice Alluring Smile
  • Our Little ANGEL ...

Powered by Blogger

hit counter

WANNA HAVE YOUR PICTURES TAKEN?

    Be it wedding pics, birthday etc etc ...
    Simply give Willie a call @ 9750-8139
    or drop him an E-mail @ willieyeo@yahoo.com
    You are GUARANTEED to have GREAT PICTURES!!!


Little Beatrice is our Pride and Joy! We hope she brings you joy too!
Drop us your comments or share with us your views and experiences
We will be glad to know that you are having fun too when visiting our blog
Have Fun, Enjoy, and do come back again to check on our new posts!
Thank You (",) from Larry & Laura
CopyRight © 2006 http://www.bee3lious.blogspot.com
All Rights Reserved